1. DEADLINE for scholarship applications is Sunday, May 16, 2021, 2:00 P.M. (No exceptions).
2. Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
3. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., letters of recommendation, evidence of GPA, etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
4. If any question does not apply to you in this application, please put N/A in the space.
5. Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will be returned to you. You may also download a copy of the application online at www.petersrocktemple.org .
6. You will be notified regarding the status of your application.
7. If you have any questions about the application, please call Peter’s Rock FWC at (662) 323-5119 or Dr. Andrea Pastchal-Smith at (662) 769-3191.
NOTE: Scholarship funds will be awarded upon evidence of registration in an accredited post-secondary institution.
Purpose: To provide scholarships to eligible Peter’s Rock FWC members who will pursue a course of study at a college or university.
Award Components: Scholarships and certificates will be awarded to three (3) eligible applicants selected by the Peter’s Rock FWC Education Scholarship Committee. The following awards will be given: 1st place- $500.00, 2nd place- $300.00, and 3rd place- $200.00.
Criteria for Eligibility:
1. Applicant must be a Peter’s Rock FWC active member and one of the following:
a. A graduating high school senior.
b. A GED recipient entering college as a first-time freshman.
c. A former high school graduate who has never attended college (entering as a first-time freshman).
Application Process: Applicant must submit the following items:
1. Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly).
2. Two (2) letters of recommendation from your choice of high school teachers, administrators, counselors, church youth leaders, ministry leaders, employers, or individuals with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and involvement.
3. A recent official high school transcript with cumulative grade point average and a class standing/rank; or an official GED transcript.
4. Personal Essay. Please answer the essay question on the enclosed essay form or attach a copy of the essay.
Essay Question: According to Isaiah 1:17 NLT, “Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.”
The 2021 Scholarship Question is: What is the role of a Christian in the struggle for social justice?
Deadline for the application is Sunday, May 16, 2021. Applications postmarked or submitted after this date will not be considered. Please mail, email (email@example.com), OR submit application in person to:
Making a Difference Scholarship Program
Peter’s Rock Family Worship Center Church of God in Christ
ATTN: Dr. Andrea Pastchal-Smith
223 Dr. Martin L. King Jr. Drive
Starkville, MS 39759
Peter’s Rock Family Worship Center COGIC Scholarship Application 2021